If you could pick 5 things… right this minute… that you would like to have… right this minute… what would they be? Quick, write them down.
Be sure you write them down since having them in your head doesn’t count. Why? Because it’s easy to lose the lesson if you don’t. Do it. Write them down.
What Did You Pick
Let’s look at your list objectively. Did you put down ‘things’? Did you put down abstract concepts like love? Did you wish for things that would benefit someone else or just yourself? Look at your list. When you’re done, put it in a drawer, take it out next week.
I am fortunate to work at home these days. When the weather is good, I’m lucky. When it’s not good, I’m lucky. I get to be out in it. This morning the temperature was perfect 70 degrees. Soft breeze blowing, lots of birds singing and swooping, my dog is pulling on her leash as we stroll the neighborhood.
When I thought of this question… I knew my answer immediately. I want my 5 senses. That’s it. I know I already have them but I don’t want to take them for granted, for one second, of one day.
- Take a look at your hand and marvel at the wonder of all you can accomplish. Wiggle your fingers. Jump up and down.
- Put a piece of bread in the toaster and smell the sweetness.
- Look out your window and see, whatever you see. Revel in the miracle of sight.
- Listen, really listen to the voice of someone you love. Can you hear the feelings behind the words? How often do you really hear their voice?
- Yeah, ok, go get the chocolate or coffee or beer or whatever… really taste it.
You get the idea. Pay attention to your senses today.
Image credit: Five Woodley Wonder
What do you think?