I believe that with all my heart.
When I say important, I don’t mean big… I mean significant. These are 2 very different things. The cool part is that each of us gets to find it. No one else can tell us what it is.
Some of us will find it and rise to the occasion and many of us will recognize it but will let fear or judgement keep us from it.
We can learn a lot about living today from, the Top 5 Regrets of Dying People.
1) Be true to yourself. This in itself is an act of courage.
2) Don’t work so much. (Millenials already get this and we Baby Boomers criticize them for it instead of understanding their point.)
3) Express your feelings. I know it’s hard, but there are substantial rewards for saying things that you feel deeply.
4) Stay in touch with friends.
5) Give yourself permission to be happy. Even though the pain of changing seems to outweigh whatever we fear we’re facing, we continue to do the same things over and over. Be brave and be happy.
If you don’t know what is holding you back, talk to someone. Reason things out. Avoid gossip and criticism. These are just ways to hide from yourself.
Truly great people don’t think less of themselves… they think of themselves less.
Photo credit: One step at a time